Well, it’s finally time for the first beta of GIF Brewery 3.0. It is available for all to use and try.
GIF Brewery 3.0 has a multitude of changes, but some of the biggest are:
- New requirements — 64-bit, OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) and above. This is so GIF Brewery can now use Apple’s latest video technologies instead of their older, no longer supported ones.
- Recording — GIF Brewery can now record your screen or built-in iSight camera and immediately open the created video in GIF Brewery. This accessed via the new camera icon in your menu bar near the clock.
- Preview — GIF Brewery can now preview the loops with the actual frames that’ll be used before creating the GIF. Time saving!
- Frame management — You can now rearrange or delete the frames from a clip to get that perfect loop. You can also assign different frame delays.
- Kept Frames — You’ve always wanted to create a GIF from multiple sections of the same video. Now you can! Using the frame management, you can keep frames for later usage.
- Improved settings — Automatic frame count / delay option now shows you exactly what values GIF Brewery will use. Color settings have also been simplified.
- Filters — GIF Brewery’s handling of resizing and cropping has been improved. Some new filters have been implemented, such as photo effects.
- UI — New icons are abound. The movie is now in a scroll view to facilitate those on retina screens or those editing particularly large videos.
Even more information can be found on the beta page, which’ll be updated regularly. Also, in the coming days, we’ll be posting some tutorials on how to use some of the new features.
Also, as this is a beta, there are bugs, some features are incomplete, and some old and new features have not been implemented yet. If you experience any bugs, please contact us via e-mail. Please, also, send your feedback and comments!
We’ll keep the beta website up-to-date with changes and known issues in latest versions of the beta. All updates will be announced via our Twitter, @helloresolvapps.
Lastly, when and how will GIF Brewery 3.0 be released? It’ll be released later in Summer 2014 after a few more beta updates. It’ll also be released as a completely new release on the Mac App Store. As such, it will not be released as a free update for GIF Brewery 2.3.4.
However, for the first week of its release, GIF Brewery 3 will be available for free. For some time after that, it’ll be $0.99 (or your local equivalent), before becoming its full retail price.
Thanks, and we look forward to your feedback and suggestions!